Location: Bristol, with some travel for events
Hours: Full time
Deadline for applications: 17th Feb 2017
The role of the Marketing Assistant is to provide support to the Marketing Manager and wider Sales and Marketing team in order to achieve new business targets.
As a member of the Sales and Marketing team you will assist the team in achieving objectives, putting lead generation and brand building at the heart of everything that you do.
A varied role, you must be adaptable to change, but also take a methodical and planned approach to your work. You’ll always present Sift Digital with accurate messaging which is reflective of our brand and tone of voice.
Content and social media
- Coordinate and manage regular posting schedule to social media channels.
- Create social media campaigns to feed into wider marketing strategy.
- Liaise with team to generate content for social media channels and create or source imagery for posts.
- Ideas generation for marketing content (e.g. blogs, collateral, social media posts).
- Motivate people across the business to write content.
- Assist in writing marketing and new business content.Provide QA support for marketing and new business content.
- Keep up to date with industry news and innovations across the sector, generate content in line with findings.
- Create and send client newsletters using email marketing system. Collate content for newsletter.
- Create and send Together We’re Better newsletter using email marketing system. Collate content for newsletter.
- Write and send emails for event invitations.
- Maintain an internal content repository, keeping standard content up to date.
- Liaise with client partnerships team to develop post-project case studies.
- Write blogs and news articles.
- Liaising with external partners when required.
- Set up PPC campaigns.
Website & data
- Adding blogs and case studies to the Sift Digital website, keeping content up to date.
- Adding blogs, event information and resources to the Together We’re Better website, keeping content up to date.
- Updating our CRM system.
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing team in keeping CRM up to date.
- Creating data for event invitations and email communications.
- Collate data for monthly new business and marketing reports.
- Source information and data to feed into competitor analysis.
- Work with People & Partnerships Assistant to create a social calendar and support with company wide Christmas and Summer parties.
- Create an internal newsletter. Collate and write content, send regularly to the agency.
- Work with People & Partnerships Assistant to set up and maintain an internal comms board.
- Manage client satisfaction process.
- Lead on event planning for client summer and Christmas parties with support from People & Partnerships Assistant. Source venue, organise catering, develop and execute communications plan.
- Work with People & Partnerships Assistant to source and send client Christmas presents.
- Source venues for events in London and Bristol.
- Liaise with venues in regards to catering, running times and ad hoc set-up questions.
- Coordination of smaller events.
- Support of coordination of larger events (including annual conference).
- Investigate external events for sponsorship, speaking and attendance opportunities.
- Idea generation for new events.
Resourcing & budgeting
- Monitoring internal time in resource plan to ensure internal projects are completed on time.
- Write briefs and brief team members on internal projects.
- Working to a budget, updating cost sheets and being mindful of spend.
- Add POs to our financial tracking system.
- Setup and maintain an internal comms board.
- Develop internal communications into regular schedule, and create process for disseminating information to wider business.
- Liaise with charity partner to plan activity, fundraising events and internal communications.
- Training on Google Analytics to understand the tool and use more effectively.
- Create and maintain an internal content repository.
Skills, attributes & experience
- At least two years work experience (preferably in an office or customer facing role) and A-Levels grades A-C
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and suggest new ideas
- A love for talking to people and building strong relationships
- Excellent written skills
- Advanced understanding of social networking platforms (particularly Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Highly planned and methodical with the ability to prioritise
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident negotiating
- Good working within a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google office apps
- An active interest in marketing and stays up to date with latest trends and thinking
- A qualification in marketing, business studies or digital
- Experience of producing online content (for example, writing/curating your own blog)
- Experience of copywriting/writing press releases and dealing with the media
- Event management
- An interest in web and emerging tech
Would be amazing
- Experience in PPC, SEO, or using Google Analytics
- Experience using an email marketing tool (e.g. MailChimp)
- Experience using a CRM system (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience using a CMS system uploading content to a website
- Experience using survey development tool (e.g. Survey Monkey)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Experience in creating digital content
- Photography, film, animation skills
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (increases with long service, and you’ll have the opportunity to buy/sell leave)
- All bank holidays off
- A Christmas closure (we stop work just before Christmas, and return to the office in the new year)
- A brand new open plan office which includes a secure bike park, showers and a snazzy coffee machine
- Free gym at the office
- Retail discounts
- Friday beer o’clock (or… wine o’clock/cider o’clock/lemonade o’clock whichever you’d prefer)
- Amazing summer and Christmas parties, socials throughout the year
- Monthly knowledge share (with a tasty free lunch!)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Weekly fruit delivery
- BUPA cash plan - claim back prescriptions, eye/dental care and more
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter through to Claire Moyne, Head of People and Partnerships with Marketing Assistant as the subject line.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.